Future Neenah is a non-profit that exists to bring people and community together with one common goal: Improve the Economic and Cultural Vitality in the Greater Neenah Area. We are a 501(c)3 that is dedicated to progressive business development, a thriving Downtown, and providing free community events. Future Neenah is not membership based or government funded- we are solely funded by the generosity of our community.
Job Title: Executive Director
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Future Neenah, Inc. and is responsible for overseeing the administration, events and strategic plan of the organization. Future Neenah’s Executive Director is the creative driving force behind the organizational vision as it impacts our community, creating opportunities for project collaboration and engaging our community’s participation in Future Neenah’s mission. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
• Responsible for the enhancement of Future Neenah’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Future Neenah, including the annual audit, budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fundraising, grant writing and developing other resources necessary for financial viability of Future Neenah’s mission.
• Responsible for overseeing and providing direction to the Neenah Central City Business Improvement District, including financial reporting to the Business Improvement District (BID) Board of Directors. Participation in BID committees and carry out activities such as recruitment of businesses to the district, public relations & marketing of events and open spaces, and oversee general day to day maintenance of the Downtown.
• Responsible for organizational operations including the hiring and retention of qualified staff.
• Responsible for establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for daily operations of the organization, including securing appropriate event licensing, permits, IRS paperwork and negotiating insurance and vendor contracts.
• Responsible for project management as it pertains to quality of life initiatives and the long-term sustainability of the organization.
• Responsible for overseeing all Future Neenah hosted and co-sponsored events such as (but not limited to) the following: Farm to Table Event, Manhole Cover Madness, Neenah Farmer’s Market, Summer Concert Series, A Very Neenah Christmas, Network Neenah, Ultimate Ladies Day, Warm Your Heart.
• 5 or more years of non-profit experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Creative problem-solving
• Strong organizational skills including planning, delegating, development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of Future Neenah’s strategic future to staff, board, donors and volunteers
• Proven ability to initiate community development initiatives, programs and events for economic vitality
• Strong public speaking ability
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build consensus
• Community development experience necessary
• Experience carrying our large-scale projects with a small team
• Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including accounts receivable, budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Human Resource experience preferred
Future Neenah, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefit package includes health, dental, life insurance and PTO.
Please send resume to:
Future Neenah Search & Screen Committee
135 W Wisconsin Ave, Neenah, WI 54956
Email: [email protected]