Calling all college students! Want to be part of the summer fun with Future Neenah? While you’re home on spring break, submit your resume to [email protected] to be considered for the summer intern position. Great resume booster!
TITLE: Events & Marketing Intern
STATUS: 15-20 hours/week Flexible schedule
REPORTS TO: Assistant Executive Director & Events Coordinator
COMPENSATION: Experience, resume builder, future professional references and fun!
End of summer stipend upon completion of duties.
EMPLOYMENT: Summer 2020 (May-August)
Primarily assist Events Coordinator to implement event ideas and activities designed to give the community an exceptional experience. Assist with the activities designed to publicize and promote the Events.
- Assist with planning, organizing & executing special events; duties to include layouts, event logistics, signage, maintaining inventory of event products and more.
- Summer Kick-off Bike to Boogie Celebration
- Farm to Table Sunset Dinner
- Out to Lunch Concerts
- Evening Concerts
- Farmers Market
- Downtown Neenah Business Improvement District Events and Gift Certificate program
- Assisting with all social media
- Promoting events, including:
- Posting to community calendars
- Press releases
- Promotional materials distribution and maintaining visitor kiosk
- Taking photos
- General communications, including:
- Website Updates
- Update event and/or vendor database records
- Other duties as requested.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Seeking degree in communications, marketing, events management, hospitality, tourism, or related field.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications with a desire to serve the public.
- Previous office experience preferred with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Complete tasks demonstrating attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Dependable, reliable and a team player.
- Must be flexible in working hours and environment. Summer events are held outdoors, some evenings and Saturdays.
- Must be able to physically lift up to 20 lbs. and work outside in all types of weather.
- Experience working within a non-profit environment is a plus.
Email cover letter and resume to Nikki Hessel by April 1, 2020 to [email protected].